- seek access to the personal information we hold about you;
- ask us to correct personal information we hold about you; and
- complain to us if we breach privacy laws or a privacy code binding us and how we will deal with that complaint.
Collecting personal information
We collect personal information about you when we take a record of that personal information. We collect personal information about you only for Crown Money Group functions or activities like:
- supplying banking or other services to you;
- managing our commercial relationship with you; or
- promoting products and services to you.
If you are applying for a loan and you or a co-borrower applies for hardship relief in relation to the loan, with your consent we may collect sensitive information about you that relates to that hardship application (such as information about your health or your criminal record, if the hardship arises because you are incarcerated), but only if that information is reasonably necessary for us to consider that application.
If we do not collect personal information about you, we may not be able to provide you with our banking services. For example:
- the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) requires us to identify you
- we open an account for you; and
- the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth) requires us to make enquiries about you, as an
- individual, to assess an application you make for a loan from us.
Why we collect personal information
We will collect personal information about you only if we reasonably need that information for our services, banking functions and activities. For example, we collect personal information about you so we can:
- assess and process an application for credit:
- which you have completed, whether you do so on your own behalf or on behalf of a company or an association or a trust you represent; or
- in which you are named, for example, as a guarantor, co-applicant or as a representative;
- act on instructions you give us;
- help us to understand your banking requirements;
- help us to develop and improve our products and services;
- (unless you tell us not to) offer you our products and services or other products and services as they
- available and that may be of interest to you;
- make products and services available to you at your request;
- comply with legislative or regulatory requirements;
- meet our obligations including in relation to credit reporting systems, government bodies and our funding
- identify you;
- enforce our rights, including by engaging a debt collection agency; and
- manage our arrangements with you efficiently.
How we collect personal information
Mostly, we collect personal information about you from you, like when you apply to open an account with us or obtain a loan from us. We may collect personal information about you from other sources, like when:
- you use our website; or
- when we obtain a credit report about you to consider a loan application you make to us.
- Sometimes, we collect personal information about you that is available publicly or from others who:
- act for you, like your broker or another person who refers you to us;
- act for us, like a supplier who assists us to service your loan;
- check information you give us, like confirming your income with your employer;
- supply services (like identity verification, income verification or loan settlement services) to us;
- give us information to help us decide whether to make a product or service available to you (like credit
- reporting agencies and other credit providers); or
- help us manage our arrangements with you.
Unsolicited personal information
If we receive personal information about you that we did not request, we will consider whether we need that information for our banking functions and activities. If not, we will destroy that information or ensure it does not identify you.
Information about other people
If you tell us personal information about another person, we ask that you:
- tell that other person that you have done so; and
- invite that person to contact us to obtain a copy of this notice about how we manage their personal information.
We may use personal information about you to tell you about our products and services or products and services from our service partners that may be available to you.
You can ask us any time to stop sending you direct marketing information. When we email you with direct marketing, you can respond by clicking unsubscribe and we will stop sending you direct marketing. We do not charge you a fee for asking us to stop direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
We may exchange personal information about you (including, where permitted by law, your credit-related personal information) with:
- other companies in the Crown Money Group;
- credit reporting bodies, if you apply for, guarantee or obtain a loan or any other credit product from us.
- This may include information about you in reports provided to credit providers and agents of credit providers (which can include us) to assist in:
- assessing your credit worthiness;
- collecting overdue payments, to manage credit, help you avoid defaulting on your credit obligations and taking action in the event of fraud or other serious credit infringement (like indicating an intention to no longer comply with your credit obligations); or
- providing or managing securitised or transferred loans;
- any guarantors or possible guarantor of your obligations to us;
- suppliers that help us to service your loan including Crown Money suppliers that help us to conduct our business. Amongst other suppliers, that may include suppliers that help us to:
- understand your banking requirements;
- improve our products or services;
- verify identity and detect fraud;
- settle loans we make available;
- provide services to help us run our business;
- take appropriate action about suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct;
- take loan recovery action for us;
- your employer to verify employment related information you give us;
- other financial institutions and credit providers;
- brokers that introduce you to us and any mortgage aggregator that supplies services to your broker;
- If applicable, our mortgage insurers to collect, maintain, use and disclose personal information to assess the risk of providing mortgage insurance, the risk of you defaulting on your obligations to us, the risk of a guarantor being unable to meet a liability arising under a guarantee, or to take any action relating to an insurance policy they issue to us for a loan you take out with us. The mortgage insurers may also use and disclose the information for risk assessment and management involving securitisation, hardship applications,
- credit scoring, portfolio analysis, reporting, fraud prevention and claim recovery, and complying with legislative requirements, and to valuers, other insurers, re-insurers, and organisations involved in debt collecting or in purchasing debts. Any person who refers you to us to obtain services from us;
- regulators or law enforcement bodies;
- dispute resolution bodies or services, to assist with resolving any complaint you make about our products or services or any dispute you may have with us;
- any entity that proposes to take an interest in our business or any of our loans or other assets. That may include entities that are involved in securitising any loan we made available to you; and
- any person at your request or with your consent.
If you fail to meet your payment obligations in relation to credit that has been provided or if you commit a serious credit infringement (like fraudulently obtaining credit from us), we or the credit provider may be entitled to disclose this to a credit reporting body.
Disclosing personal information overseas
Also, we may store information in the cloud or other networked systems. In that case, we may not be aware of the countries in which your information may be held, but we will take reasonable steps to ensure this storage will have appropriate security arrangements.
Management of credit-related personal information and credit reporting bodies
We use credit reporting bodies to give us credit reports about individuals to help us:
- consider loan applications made to us; and
- determine whether there is a reasonable indication that you may go into default so we may assist you to avoid going into default.
When we consider that you may be about to go into default we may:
- undertake a fresh credit bureau check on you; and
- ask you for additional information such as access to your bank statements to confirm whether you are still
- able to afford any credit we have provided to you.
illion Australia Pty Ltd
T: 1300 734 806 (Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm)
P: Level 20/201 Elizabeth St, Sydney NSW 2001, Australia
Experian Australia Pty Ltd
T: 1300 783 684
P: Level 20, 101 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
T: 1300 655 422
P: Level 26, 101 Miller St, North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
T: 13 8332
P: GPO Box 964, North Sydney NSW 2059, Australia
You have a right to request a credit reporting body not to use your personal information for: the purposes of pre-screening you for direct marketing by a credit provider; and a period of 21 days if you believe on reasonable grounds that you are, or are likely to be, a victim of fraud.